Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Personalized Medicine in Psychiatry
- Depression and other common mental disorders: global health estimates.World Health Organization, 2017
American Psychiatric Association (APA). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5®). American Psychiatric Pub; 2013 May 22.
- The epidemiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication.Mol Psychiatry. 2010; 15: 53
- Quality of life in OCD: differential impact of obsessions, compulsions, and depression comorbidity.Can J Psychiatry. 2003; 48: 72-77
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: prevalence, comorbidity, impact, and help-seeking in the British National Psychiatric Morbidity Survey of 2000.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163: 1978-1985
- Suicidality in obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD): a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Psychol Rev. 2015; 1: 1-5
Bowen R, Rahman H, Dong LY, Khalaj S, Baetz M, Peters E, Balbuena L. Suicidality in people with obsessive-compulsive symptoms or personality traits. Frontiers in psychiatry. 2018;9.
- The analytical epidemiology of obsessive–compulsive disorder: risk factors and correlates.Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2008; 32: 1-5
- The epidemiology and differential diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive disorder.J Clin Psychiatry. 1994; 55: 5-10
- Current and lifetime comorbidity of the DSM-IV anxiety and mood disorders in a large clinical sample.J Abnorm Psychol. 2001; 110: 585
- Comorbidity, age of onset and suicidality in obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD): an international collaboration.Compr Psychiatry. 2017; 1: 79-86
De Mathis MA, Diniz JB, Hounie AG, Shavitt RG, Fossaluza V, Ferrão Y et al. Trajectory in obsessive-compulsive disorder comorbidities. European Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013 Jul 1;23(7):594-601.
- Obsessive–compulsive spectrum conditions in obsessive-compulsive disorder and other anxiety disorders.Depression Anxiety. 2003; 18: 118-127
Torresan RC, Ramos-Cerqueira AT, Shavitt RG, do Rosário MC, de Mathis MA, Miguel EC et al. Symptom dimensions, clinical course and comorbidity in men and women with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychiatry research. 2013 Sep 30;209(2):186-95.
- Partitioning the heritability of Tourette syndrome and obsessive compulsive disorder reveals differences in genetic architecture.PLoS Genet. 2013; 9e1003864
- Familiality of Tourette syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: heritability analysis in a large sib-pair sample.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2011; 50: 46-54
- Population-based, multigenerational family clustering study of obsessive-compulsive disorder.JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70: 709-717
- The structure of genetic and environmental risk factors for dimensional representations of DSM-5 obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders.JAMA Psychiatry. 2014; 71: 182-189
Pettersson E, Lichtenstein P, Larsson H, Song J, Deficit A, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Working Group of the iPSYCH-Broad-PGC Consortium, Autism Spectrum Disorder Working Group of the iPSYCH-Broad-PGC Consortium, Bipolar Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Eating Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Major Depressive Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and Tourette Syndrome Working Group of the PGC, Schizophrenia CLOZUK, Substance Use Disorder Working Group of the PGC, Agrawal A, Børglum AD, Bulik CM, Daly MJ, Davis LK, Demontis D, Edenberg HJ, Grove J, Gelernter J, Neale BM, Pardiñas AF, Stahl E, Walters JTR, Walters R, Sullivan PF, Posthuma D, Polderman TJC. Genetic influences on eight psychiatric disorders based on family data of 4 408 646 full and half-siblings, and genetic data of 333 748 cases and controls. Psychological medicine. 2019 May;49(7):1166-73.
- Etiology of obsessions and compulsions: a meta-analysis and narrative review of twin studies.Clin Psychol Rev. 2011; 31: 1361-1372
- Twin studies on obsessive–compulsive disorder: a review.Twin Res Hum Genet. 2005; 8: 450-458
- The genetics of obsessive-compulsive disorder: a review.Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2010; 12: 149
- Obsessive–compulsive disorder: an integrative genetic and neurobiological perspective.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2014; 15: 410
International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation Genetics Collaborative (IOCDF-GC) and OCD Collaborative Genetics Association Studies (OCGAS). Revealing the complex genetic architecture of obsessive–compulsive disorder using meta-analysis. Molecular psychiatry. 2018 May;23(5):1181.
- Genome-wide association study in obsessive-compulsive disorder: results from the OCGAS.Mol Psychiatry. 2015; 20: 337
- Genome-wide association study of obsessive-compulsive disorder.Mol Psychiatry. 2013; 18: 788
- Role of epigenetic factors in the development of mental illness throughout life.Neurosci Res. 2016; 1: 56-66
- Epigenetics as a unifying principle in the aetiology of complex traits and diseases.Nature. 2010; 465: 721
- Human morbid genetics revisited: relevance of epigenetics.Trends Genet. 2001; 17: 142-146
- Function and information content of DNA methylation.Nature. 2015; 517: 321
- Epigenetic regulation of gene expression: how the genome integrates intrinsic and environmental signals.Nat Genet. 2003; 33: 245
- Can anxiety damage the brain?.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2016; 29: 56-63
McEwen BS. Neurobiological and systemic effects of chronic stress. Chronic stress. 2017 Mar;1:2470547017692328.
- The role of DNA methylation in stress-related psychiatric disorders.Neuropharmacology. 2014; 1: 115-132
- CRHR1 promoter hypomethylation: an epigenetic readout of panic disorder?.Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017; 27: 360-371
- Childhood trauma in obsessive-compulsive disorder, trichotillomania, and controls.Depression Anxiety. 2002; 15: 66-68
- Obsessive-compulsive and posttraumatic stress symptoms among civilian survivors of war.BMC Psychiatry. 2016; 16: 115
- Psychosocial stress predicts future symptom severities in children and adolescents with Tourette Syndrome and/or obsessive-compulsive disorder.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2007; 48: 157-166
- Perceived stress in obsessive–compulsive disorder is related with obsessive but not compulsive symptoms.Front Psychiatry. 2013; 2: 21
- Stressful life events at onset of obsessive–compulsive disorder are associated with a distinct clinical pattern.Depression Anxiety. 2011; 28: 367-376
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis in obsessive-compulsive disorder patients.Sci Rep. 2016; 16: 31333
- DNA methylation at the neonatal state and at the time of diagnosis: preliminary support for an association with the estrogen receptor 1, gamma-aminobutyric acid B receptor 1, and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein in female adolescent patients with OCD.Front Psychiatry. 2016; 18: 35
- Combining genetic and epigenetic parameters of the serotonin transporter gene in obsessive-compulsive disorder.J Psychiatr Res. 2018; 1: 209-217
- Identification and functional analysis of SKA2 interaction with the glucocorticoid receptor.J Endocrinol. 2008; 198: 499
- Ensembl 2020.Nucl Acids Res. 2020; 48: D682-D688
- Identification and replication of a combined epigenetic and genetic biomarker predicting suicide and suicidal behaviors.Am J Psychiatry. 2014; 171: 1287-1296
- Epigenetic and genetic variation at SKA2 predict suicidal behavior and post-traumatic stress disorder.Transl Psychiatry. 2015; 5e627
- Psychiatric blood biomarkers: avoiding jumping to premature negative or positive conclusions.Mol Psychiatry. 2015; 20: 286
- Epigenetic variation at SKA2 predicts suicide phenotypes and internalizing psychopathology.Depression Anxiety. 2016; 33: 308-315
- The expression of the suicide-associated gene SKA2 is decreased in the prefrontal cortex of suicide victims but not of nonsuicidal patients.Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016; 19
First MB, Gibbon M, Spitzer RL, Williams JBW. Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I disorders-Research Version (SCID-I/P, version 2.0, February, Final Version). 1996 Washington: American Psychiatric Press.
First MB, Williams JBW, Karg RS, Spitzer RL: Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-5—Research Version (SCID-5 for DSM-5, Research Version; SCID-5-RV). Arlington, VA, American Psychiatric Association, 2015.
Goodman WK, Price LH, Rasmussen SA, Mazure C, Fleischmann RL, Hill CL, Heninger GR, Charney DS. The Yale-Brown obsessive compulsive scale: I. Development, use, and reliability. Archives of general psychiatry. 1989 Nov 1;46(11):1006-11.
- Pharmacogenetic evaluation of a DISP1 gene variant in antidepressant treatment of obsessive–compulsive disorder.Hum Psychopharmacol: Clin Exp. 2018; 33e2659
- A rapid non-enzymatic method for the preparation of HMW DNA from blood for RFLP studies.Nucl Acids Res. 1991; 19: 5444
- HaploReg: a resource for exploring chromatin states, conservation, and regulatory motif alterations within sets of genetically linked variants.Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Jan 1; 40: D930-D934
Ensembl 2020. SKA2 Linkage Disequilibrium Data. Available from https://grch37.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Location/LD/ajax?db=core;r=17%3A57177729-57197728;pop1=373522 [Accessed May, 2020].
Genomes Project Consortium. A global reference for human genetic variation. Nature. 2015 Oct;526(7571):68-74.
- PLINK: a tool set for whole-genome association and population-based linkage analyses.Am J Hum Genet. 2007; 81: 559-575
- Data quality control in genetic case-control association studies.Nat Protoc. 2010; 5: 1564
- Basic statistical analysis in genetic case-control studies.Nat Protoc. 2011; 6: 121-133
- Principal components analysis corrects for stratification in genome-wide association studies.Nat Genet. 2006; 38: 904-909
- Quality control for genome-wide association studies. InGenetic variation.Humana Press, Totowa, NJ2010: 341-372
- Bisulfite genomic sequencing: systematic investigation of critical experimental parameters.Nucl Acids Res. 2001; 29: E65-E75
- Epigenetic research in neuropsychiatric disorders: the “tissue issue”.Curr Behav Neurosci Rep. 2016; 3: 264-274
- IMAGE-CpG: development of a web-based search tool for genome-wide DNA methylation correlation between live human brain and peripheral tissues within individuals.Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2019; 1: S796
- Second-generation PLINK: rising to the challenge of larger and richer datasets.GigaScience. 2015; 4: 7
Purcell S. & Chang C. PLINK v1.90b3 64-bit. 2015. https://www.cog-genomics.org/plink2.
- A note on exact tests of Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium.Am J Hum Genet. 2005; 76: 887-893
Team R. RStudio: integrated development for R. RStudio, Inc., Boston, MA URL http://www. rstudio.com. 2015 Jun;42:14.
Gauderman AJ. QUANTO 1.1: A computer program for power and sample size calculations for genetic-epidemiology studies. http://hydra. usc. edu/gxe. 2006.
- G* Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences.Behav Res Methods. 2007; 39: 175-191
- Using reference databases of genetic variation to evaluate the potential pathogenicity of candidate disease variants.Hum Mutat. 2013; 34: 836-841
- Applications of the 1000 Genomes Project resources.Briefings Funct Genomics. 2016; 16: 163-170
- Stress and disorders of the stress system.Nature Rev Endocrinol. 2009; 5: 374
GTEx Consortium. Genetic effects on gene expression across human tissues. Nature. 2017 Oct;550(7675):204.
- The genotype-tissue expression (GTEx) project.Nat Genet. 2013; 45: 580
- Discovery and replication of a peripheral tissue DNA methylation biosignature to augment a suicide prediction model.Clin Epigenet. 2016; 8: 113